Take The Guesswork Out Of Your Ductwork
The ductwork of your air conditioning is what gets the cool air where you need it to go. Sometimes, problems can arise inside your ductwork that affect the output of air and without a regular cleaning from F.C. Haab, you could be losing money and wasting energy all summer long. Here are a few of the problems you might experience:
- Leaks are common in flexible ductwork, because it is susceptible to being punctured by nails, chewed through by vermin, or accidentally crushed in attic spaces.
- Kinks can cause resistance to airflow, resulting in less-than-optimal functionality of the air conditioning system. Sometimes the way the flexible ductwork is run (around sharp corners, tight spaces, etc.) can cause kinks and twists in the system.
- Blockage caused by dirt, dust or any other debris that may have accumulated or fallen into the system can decrease airflow and cause punctures over time, resulting in leaks.
- Inadequate insulation around your ductwork can enable cool air to escape. This may not cause a problem with airflow, but your air conditioning system will be working harder to make up for the lost cool air.
- Poor design of your air conditioning system’s ductwork can lead to problems down the line. If the ductwork bends and turns often or is too long, the air temperature may rise before the air reaches its destination.
The best way to prevent these situations from affecting your home comfort is to have F.C. Haab check your ductwork regularly. Our technicians can catch any problems and fix them. Contact us and schedule your ductwork inspection today!